TOCCI has an immediate opening for a Senior Cost + Claims Engineer.
TOCCI, an innovative Greater Boston area Construction Company, is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Cost and Claims Engineer to support on-time and on-budget project execution. This key professional will develop and manage construction project schedules and recommend measures to avoid possible delays and ensure milestones and completion dates are achieved.
Full-time position; duties include:
- Engaging in schedule management duties including developing schedule tools that assure project stakeholders understand and accept responsibility for their obligations relevant to meeting schedule milestones.
- Performing regular updates of the overall construction project schedule, predicting, or forecasting schedule problems and recommending proactive measures to mitigate or avoid possible schedule delays, and ensuring that interim milestones are met, and completion dates achieved.
- Utilizing financial systems to review, monitor, track, analyze, and provide quarterly reports on actual and projected project costs. This includes developing, managing, or contributing to cost and schedule tracking, control, and reporting mechanisms inclusive of, among others, a3 and monthly report contributions; look-ahead schedules; resource loading reports, and cash flow requirements reports.
- Developing data gathering templates to assist internal team members in the assembly of schedule data and assisting in developing the executive dashboard to provide timely and accurate key performance indicators reporting including project earned value, schedule performance variance indicators, and percent promises complete.
- Providing MS project, Primavera P6, and BIM 4D schedule training. Guiding project teams through formal workshops designed to analyze and sketch out project schedules using lean construction and 4D BIM tools.
- Initiating, submitting, and negotiating time and cost claims, assisting in establishing claims procedures for the evaluation and management of change orders and contractor claims, and recommending actions to proactively and retroactively protect the company from liens and claims.
- Telecommuting is permissible 2-3 times a week within the New England Region.
- BS in civil engineering, construction management, or a closely related field with five years of experience, or MS in civil engineering, construction management, or a closely related field and three years of experience. Required experience must be in engineering-related roles in a construction management firm with $10m-$100m range projects required.
- Requires understanding of regional lien law, notice requirements, claims substantiation, cost auditing, and claims negotiation as demonstrated by preparation or negotiation of a prior claim.
- Proficiency in Microsoft project; Primavera P6; Procore (or similar project management software), BIM 4D, and, ability to develop pivot tables and pivot charts in Excel.
- Familiarity is sufficient to develop a 4D schedule with Revit, Navisworks, and Synchro.
- Travel 1-2 times per week to job sites within 120-mile radius of Woburn, MA Headquarters.
TOCCI offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We encourage professional growth and support continued learning through training and individual development programs. Company Life at TOCCI offers opportunities for socializing and giving back by sharing time, resources, and money. TOCCI is an equal opportunity employer.
If you’re interested in this position, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.