Tocci is looking for a talented superintendent to manage a healthcare project in the Boston area. By choosing Tocci you’ll join a team of professionals using advanced technology and lean construction techniques to deliver exceptional buildings. Superintendents at Tocci lead all day-to-day construction activities on projects in multi-family, hospitality, office, retail, mixed use and healthcare markets.
- Lead subcontractor work assuring compliance with budget, schedule, quality and execution in accordance with OSHA regulations and building codes
- Set and inspire high expectations for quality work execution from subs
- Participate in the company’s growth in LEAN Construction through planning and coordination
- Meet all interim milestones
- Forecast problems and fix them
- Ensure product delivery pipeline is being managed properly for on-time delivery of all materials
- Assume full responsibility for final close-out and completion
- Work with municipal authorities to assure construction meets code and all permits are obtained
- Assure subcontractor compliance with safety program through daily inspections
- Preside at weekly Subcontractor coordination meetings
- Exceed expectations
- Healthcare experience a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent.
- Experience: 7+ years supervising commercial construction projects or multiple concurrent valued $20m+
- Leadership: provides clear direction, inspires excellent performance, mentors team
- Character/integrity: supports company values and fellow employees while maintaining a constant focus on exceeding customer expectations
- Trustworthy: strong relationship building skills fosters client trust
- Alert: anticipates outcomes, faces challenges head-on, resolves issues quickly
- Decisive: makes sound decisions to expedite the project
- Direct: negotiates skillfully in tough situations while maintaining relationships
- Hungry: desires to learn technology tools such as Revit, TotalStation, Laser Scanning
- Respected: excellent references attesting to high level of energy, can-do attitude, history of achievement and co-worker respect
- Familiar with Procore, MSOffice, Timberline and SureTrack (or equivalent systems)
- Duties will require physical ability to inspect work areas under construction where there is moving heavy machinery; loud noises, areas difficult to access; and seasonal weather conditions. This is a general statement of required major duties performed on a continuous basis.
Tocci offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We encourage professional growth and support continued learning through training and individual development programs. Company Life at Tocci offers opportunities for socializing and giving back by sharing time, resources and money. Tocci is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.