Tocci is looking for a Safety Director for New England projects. The Safety Director assures all personnel on Tocci project sites abide by their Corporate Safety and Health Program. He or she develops and provides project safety training programs and approves project-specific Subcontractor Safety and Health Manuals. The Safety Director is the Company’s primary contact with OSHA and travels to the office and regional project sites.
RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to)
- Develops Corporate safety and health policy and procedures.
- Develops and implements project-specific safety and health plans in compliance with Environmental Safety and Health policies and procedures.
- Oversees project safety training policies and implementation.
- Ensures all employee certifications and training meet or exceed local, state, and federal requirements and industry best practices.
- Oversees Subcontractor safety and health compliance with all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Establishes and conducts worker orientation programs.
- Conducts safety audits, issues reports of violations and required corrective action.
- Makes decisions related to work stoppage and conducts incident review meetings.
- Administers the project’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy.
- Builds working relationships with all regulatory agencies to promote safety and loss prevention.
- Manages project safety budgets.
- Analyzes safety performance metrics and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Participates in review of subcontractor safety programs for pre-qualification.
- Performs duties of Area Superintendent as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERTISE
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and familiarity with Procore.
- Good hearing and vision skills (aids that provide reliable normal hearing and/or vision are acceptable).
- Ability to navigate sites under construction including ladders and scaffolds as well as noise and weather extremes.
- Ability to travel to and from the project site or stakeholder facilities without assistance.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- BS in Occupational Health and Safety. Commitment to on-going professional development.
- OSHA 500 for Construction Industry trainer course.
- 5+ years building construction safety and health program enforcement and construction management.
- Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED Certification
Tocci provides a supportive business environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits package.
Please submit résumés to Lila Tocci
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.