Construction Planning & Cost Engineer
Tocci Building Companies is currently looking for qualified candidates to join our Planning and Cost Engineering team.
Planning + Cost Engineering
- Assume responsibility for assigned estimates and group-produced project estimates
- Independently solicit and evaluate subcontractor bids and assemble complete bid packages
- Analyze plans, specifications, proposals and other documents to prepare time, cost and labor estimates for products, projects and services
- Learn and utilize Timberline Precision Plus, InSite, On Screen Takeoff (OST), Procore, Microsoft Project and other Estimating software.
- Play a key role in preconstruction assignments by developing project feasibility budgets, progress estimates, value engineering plans, schedules, reports and other functions
Subcontractor and Supplier Network
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with regional trade subcontractors and material and equipment suppliers.
- Solicit and evaluate subcontractor bids and assemble complete bid packages
- Ensure complete project scope and coverage
- Support purchasing efforts
- Ensure lowest price for desired quality while increasing the subcontractor and vendor responsiveness to Tocci’s RFP and bid invitations
- Participate in the negotiation and award of subcontracts and issue purchase orders.
- Attend and support business development presentations
- Present project facts and figures to win the client’s trust and selection as their builder
The position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and dedicated individual with an intuitive sense of the constraints and opportunities related to Planning and Estimating. The Cost Engineer is based in Woburn, MA, but some travel to jobsites is required. The position reports to the Vice President of Cost Engineering and Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, architecture, construction management, or related field
- Five plus (5+) years of relevant experience
- Experience with sitework, foundation systems, utility installations and soil remediation alternatives and associated costs
- Demonstrated leadership and team skills; ability to provide clear direction and inspire excellent performance
- Ability to anticipate consequences and trends, face challenges head-on, and quickly troubleshoot issues to find solutions
- Demonstrated character/integrity and the ability to support the company, its values, and teammates while exceeding customer expectations
- Good hearing and vision skills (aids that provide normal hearing and/or vision are acceptable). Ability to sit for lengthy periods of time. Ability to use hands and fingers to operate a computer, tablet and telephone devices, and prepare written materials. Ability to withstand occasional occupational risks such as exposure to non-toxic and toxic chemicals used in construction and in an office environment. Ability to withstand exposure to typical office noise.
- Travel Requirements. 80% office/20% off site. Must be able to travel locally and regionally without assistance
Interested candidates should apply here with a résumé and cover letter. Tocci is an equal opportunity employer.
Tocci provides a supportive business environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.