Tocci Building Corporation is looking for a full time Mid-Level Estimator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
01 Cost Engineering & Planning:
- Participate in team delivery of group-produced project estimates
- Solicit and evaluate subcontractor bids and assemble complete bid packages.
- Participate in database management and other administrative duties as necessary
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, and services
- Prepare assigned estimates and, on selected estimates, participate in team delivery of group-produced project estimates
- Learn and perform electronic quantity survey and building information modeling (BIM) to extract quantities from digital documents
- Solicit subcontractor and vendor interest and oversee distribution of bid documents and receipt of bid proposals
- Learn and perform Timberline Precision Plus, InSite, On Screen Takeoff (OST), Revit, Prolog, Microsoft Project, and other selected and future software
- Ensure complete project scope and coverage
- Participate in preconstruction assignments by developing initial project feasibility budgets, progress estimates, value engineering plans, development schedules, graphical reports, and other functions as necessary to meet client goals and produce outstanding preconstruction services
- Participate in cost estimating on prospect change orders as needed, provide operations support
- Work with project management staff to support purchasing efforts
- Ensure the most cost effective price for the desired quality while increasing the subcontractor and vendor community’s responsiveness to Tocci’s RFP and bid invitations and the estimating department’s needs in general
03 Monthly Reports:
- Convert scope and cost analysis to contract agreement
- Orchestrate competitive scope reviews with subcontractors and material vendors to facilitate award decisions
- Present procurement information to clients as required
- Contribute, along with project team, to a comprehensive monthly project report
- Assist the VP Cost Engineering and Planning in reviewing the relevant sections of the report prior to final printing and inspect for quality and accuracy regarding budget and estimate data
04 Business Development:
- Attend and support business development presentations
- Be equipped and prepared to effectively and swiftly present project facts and figures to win the clients’ trust and selection as their builder
The position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented, open-minded, and dedicated individual that has an intuitive sense of the constraints and opportunities related to Planning and Estimating. Successful candidates will be prepared to emotionally engage with Tocci and its projects. The Entry Level Cost Engineer is based in Woburn, MA, but travel to jobsites and partner offices for co-location throughout the country (mostly in the Northeast) is required as needed. The position reports to the Vice President of Cost Engineering and Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in civil engineering, architecture, construction management, or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience
- Expertise or willingness to become highly proficient in using Prolog Manager, MSOffice, Timberline Estimating Software, Microsoft Project, and Prolog (or equivalent systems)
- BIM knowledge or strong desire to learn either Revit, Graphisoft, Bentley Microstation, and Navisworks
- Possess developing leadership and team skills with the ability to provide clear direction and inspire excellent performance
- Possess developing ability to anticipate consequences and trends, face challenges head-on, and quickly troubleshoot team, product, or resource issues with appropriate and innovative solutions
- Possess developing ability to negotiate with directness and skill in tough situations with both internal and external groups without rupturing relationships
- Excellent references attesting to high level of energy, can-do attitude, history of achievement, and co-worker respect
- Demonstrated character/integrity and the ability to support the company, its values, and fellow employees while maintaining a constant focus on exceeding customer requirements and expectations
Tocci is housed in a restored 19th century mill building that blends old-world charm with contemporary design. Tocci staff members work hard, but relax together at weekly breakfasts, monthly lunches, and occasional cocktail parties. Tocci provides a supportive business environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits package.
Interested candidates should apply with a resume and cover letter. Tocci is an equal opportunity employer.