The Safety Director assures that all Tocci employees, trade partners, suppliers and visitors abide by Corporate Safety and Health Program protocols. He or she regularly visits all project sites to monitor and enforce safety compliance. The Safety Director writes and/or updates the Safety and Health Manual; approves project-specific trade safety plans; develops safety and logistic plans; and leads safety orientation and training programs. He or she provides Tocci field staff with on-going safety training and support. Beyond specific duties, the Safety Director identifies opportunities to improve safety and wellness in field operations.
COMPANY SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICY DEVELOPMENT
- Develops and updates the Tocci Safety and Health manuals to reflect changes in OSHA and other regulatory safety requirements.
- Provides occupational safety and health training and information programs for office and field staff.
- Assures that Superintendents and Field Personnel acquire and maintain OSHA and CPR/First Aid certifications.
- Follows protocol in Crisis Management situations
SUBCONTRACTOR SAFETY AND HEALTH PRACTICE COMPLIANCE
- Reviews and approves Subcontractor Safety and Health Manuals for pre-task planning and job risk analysis assessment.
- Advises Subcontractors re: safety and health practice.
- Conducts site-based safety orientation and task-specific training.
PROJECT-SPECIFIC SAFETY AND HEALTH PLAN DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Works with Operations staff to prepare Project Risk Analysis: reviews and updates monthly.
- Creates project-specific safety logistic plans for mobilization, construction and de-mobilization.
- Coordinates with Field Supervisors, Project Managers, and Wellness Team to lead safety and health programs.
- Writes monthly safety reports for Owner’s Monthly Report.
ACCIDENT AND INCIDENT INVESTIGATION AND REPORTING
- The Company’s primary contact with OSHA
- Leads accident and incident investigations.
- Assures comprehensive documentation of accidents and incidents.
- Writes or contributes to accident reports required by OSHA, EPA, police, insurance and other agencies
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Health and Safety
- 7+ years construction safety and health enforcement with a medium to large construction firm
- Certification:OSHA 500
- CPR/First Aid/AED Trainer desirable
- Proficiency: Microsoft Project, Word, Excel
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to travel to office and project sites without assistance
Tocci is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in this position, please provide a resume and cover letter to email@example.com