Director of Design Management
Tocci has an immediate opening for a Director of Design Management to provide design phase and estimating services to project owners and design teams. This senior position heads up the design management process on multiple projects, leads the Virtual Design + Construction Department (VDC), and digital coordination and preconstruction practice. The Director of Design Management leads Consulting Services, reports to the CEO, and supervises VDC staff.
- Build exceptional client relations
- Work closely with clients and design partners to identify project goals
- Direct the Consulting team
- Provide weekly and monthly activity reports to clients and Tocci Executive Committee
- Coordinate business development, cost engineering, VDC, and project management to deliver design services, execute contracts, and move projects to construction
Collaborate with cost engineering team to:
- Develop target costs and maintain costs throughout design phase
- Provide value optimization suggestions
Collaborate with project management team to:
- Provide project design phase and baseline construction schedules
- Provide constructability feedback and analysis
- Transition project to construction phase activities
Collaborate with design teams to:
- Incorporate constructability and logistics solutions
- Translate the owner’s vision into design solutions
- Provide design phase work planning
- Integrate BIM requirements into models during design phase
- Set-up LEED tracking and analysis
- Ensure regulatory approvals are obtained
Direct the VDC team
- Hire, train, and mentor VDC staff while assigning workload
- Strategy: Provide leadership and oversight for all software, process, tools, laser scanning, robotics, etc.
- Integrate model with schedule to support analysis and communication
- Develop logistics and site utilization plans
- Perform quality assurance of design BIMs
- Lead the solicitation, selection, and contracting with designers for design build projects
- Build relationships with business partners including project developers, equipment vendors, end user decision makers, and design partners
- Identify new project opportunities while working with customers
- 15+ years of experience in design phase management or preconstruction services in architecture and construction.
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture, civil engineering or related field. Masters preferred
- In-depth knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, marketing conditions, and trade practices.
- Advanced knowledge: Revit (or equal BIM application), Rendering systems, Navisworks, Excel, MS Project or Primavera P6, FM systems. Strong computer skills in MS Office.
- Detailed and action-oriented. Able to work with both conceptual and detailed design information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to facilitate meetings. Collaborative
- Creative problem-solver who customizes project approaches
Tocci offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We encourage professional growth and support continued learning through training and individual development programs. Company Life at Tocci offers opportunities for socializing and giving back by sharing time, resources and money. Tocci is an equal opportunity employer.
If you’re interested in this position, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.